Bowmasters

Hello everybody and welcome back to JoeBro's GameShow!
Before we get started I wanted to say thank you again for coming to my blog!

Image result for waving gif

In this game of the week, you'll have to shoot for the stars
and shoot your opponent; because this week's game of the
week is:






Bowmasters is a great game is you don't mind a little cartoonist blood and gore. It takes the classic simple Bowman game that makes it feel like a whole new game. They really understand their audience because they have me hooked! The game is fun, colorful, and full of puns!

Playgendary have really out done themselves with this game! I was always excepting it to be a lame game, but after playing for a few times, I was finding myself looking forward to playing this game! Bowmasters has just a uniqueness to it, and I finally thought, this game deserves to be reviewed.

What is this game about?

This game is about shooting your opponent on the other side of the map. The opponent is randomly put on the map, so you really have no idea where you have to shoot which makes the game interesting. You're first shot usually will miss (don't worry; mine to too), but after the second of even third shot you'll find that sweet spot that'll hit the mark.



Each character uses a different weapon as well, so it's not just your regular bow and arrow. One character is a mime and it uses a baguette as it's weapon, where as the luchador uses a chair. The weapon fits the character and it shows that the creators actually took the time to sit down and make sure a character was fully fleshed out before they thought to put it in the game.

What about this game makes it so great?

There are a few things that make this game stand out from the rest.

First and foremost the score to this game is great! The loud trumpets that you hear in the beginning, capture exactly what this game is supposed to be about! They make you feel like your're getting ready for a battle (which technically you are)!

Secondly, I love most of the characters! I think that most of them are whitty, mostly because Bowmasters doesn't need to use the real name of everyday characters but the point still gets across. \


They give you characters to choose from like Robin, who is suppposed to be Robin Hood, from Robin Hood: Men in Tights. We get this from the description "Hero in Tights"!


Obviously, if you were a kid in the late 90s early 00s then you can probably guess who this character is based off of; but if you're having a little trouble, it's a play on the TV show Sabrina the Teenage Witch.


And yes, there is even a Santa Claus! Ho Ho Ho, am I right?

There's also the left shark from the Superbowl half time show, a few years ago, Redpool (a play on Deadpool), Master Chef (a play on Master Chief), Dr. Sick (a play on Rick Sanchez from Rick and Morty), and many, many more. I don't want to spoil them all for you, so you'll just have to check them out yourself.

Lastly, I know I mentioned it before, but I do like the cartoonish violence this game portrays because it's not super detailed where one might get disgusted but it's enough to be laughable. I guess it's more that I appreciate a small little detail, because it also plays on the old Bowman game because a head shot in that game cause the opponent or you to start bleeding. It's not only true to itself by being unique; it's still giving an homage to a great game






There's has to be one thing you don't like?

In fact there actually is something that bothers me about this game. I used to play this game all the time back on my old phone a few months ago; and recently my little brother reminded me about this game. When I came back to the game it had changed so dramatically. There was no premium membership to sign up, and you only needed the in-game currency to buy the characters. Although someone the characters you can win or you could become a member.

Bowmaster was a great game in the beginning because they weren't really there for the money.


Why play this game over another?

Bowmasters is really a one of a kind game. It's the only revamped knockoff that I've seen do better then the original game it was modeled after. It's a simple design, and a simple concept but I think it's executed flawlessly. This game is really worth it because you can still have fun even if you don't sign up for their membership!

Another thing I do enjoy about this game that makes it so much better then the rest is that sometimes you'll find a few fights a little easier than most. That being said there are also times where the NPC you're facing has no problem making quick work of you. 

JoeBro’s Rating:
.
We’ve finally reached that point in the post where I get to tear the game apart;
with love of course! While I do truly love this game, I’m not timid about saying what
I really think about a game.

So while you’re downloading the game here’s are my ratings:
(On a scale from 1 - 10)



Score: 10
Engagement/Entertainment: 10
Artwork: 10
Difficulty: 8
Controls: 7
Content: 9
Graphics: 10

OVERALL: 9/10

================================================

Thank you so much for reading my blog post!
It really means a lot that you took the time out of your day to check me out! I hope this
review helped you decide whether Bowmasters is the game for you!

Tune in next week when I review another game! Have a good day!

P.s. If you want me to review a game, leave a comment below

and I will definitely check it out!

Comments

Popular Posts