Dash Valley

Hello everybody and welcome back to JoeBro's GameShow!
Before we get started I wanted to say thank you again for coming to my blog!

Related image

In this game you'll have to zip and zoom through the
 levels with great precision, and cute little avatars in:

Image result for dash valley


Dash Valley is a great game that I feel has gone unnoticed. Whenever I play this game, people have always asked me, 'Oh my gosh! What game is that? It looks good!' and I tell them everything about Dash Valley. There's not a real story to this game but it's a nice game to play whenever you have some time. In game there's different avatars you can obtain by reaching certain goals in the game; for instance if you die a certain number of times you get a little skull avatar that has a black tail that follows it as opposed to the usual white one.

Honestly, when I play this game I thoroughly enjoy myself. I find my self keeping Dash Valley in the first page of my games folder because I play it often enough. With most games that I play, when I die a million times in a row, I usually rage quit but with Dash Valley, I'll play it until I'm interrupted. It's simple but enjoyable. :)

What is this game about?


Like said before, there's no real main story to the game, just an objective: get to the top.



The top looks like this: just a line with all the little floating dots in it. When you play you have to drag your finger on the screen and direct which way your little avatar will go. If you pull down the avatar will go up; if you pull to the left it'll go right, etc. It's like pulling back on a slingshot and you're shooting it up and all around. All the while you have to also avoid these spikes on the wall and that move around. One little prick, and just like that you're avatar explodes.

(Here's my avatar right after I hit one of those darn spikes)

The interesting part about this game is that when you pull back time slows down for the duration of the pull-back. But you do have to keep in mind that the time is slowed, not frozen! I've made the mistake - so many times - of slowing time right before a spike, and when I'm choosing where I want to go, BOOM -- There goes my progress.


What about this game makes it so great?

The thins that makes this game so great is the musical score, and the gentle sound effects. From the gentle bell sounds that ring when you bounce against the wall to the actual background music which sounds so peaceful, I get lost in the game. 

The music is gentle and slow. It reminds me of stargazing into the heavens. It's very ethereal in the way the music was composed (I think so), there's just a sense of wonder to it as you zip and zoom through the levels. Also, each level is ever changing, which means you'll never go through the same level twice (unless you die and have to restart the one you're on). Each level has it's own lay out with the obstacles, but some of the obstacles do repeat every once in a while. What I mean is that you may encounter the same obstacle at the end before the finish line, but the rest of it will be different.



Another cute thing I love about this game is the little avatars that you can play as! My favorites are the sea turtle and the skull! There's a few more and each have their own unique light tail that follows them (see turtle picture above).

As you can see, I've unlocked a good number of them because I play this game so regularly!




There's has to be one thing you don't like?

In all honesty, there's not much I don't like about this game. My only critique would be to add more avatars to shake it up a bit or maybe add some more achievements but other than that, I think MadBox did a fantastic job in creating this wonderful game! I cannot wait to play more!!

Why play this game over another?

If you're looking for a fun, indie game to play between games I think Dash Valley is a great game for you! It's new and different which is one of the many reasons I was drawn to it, but it has a sense of timelessness about it.

This game is fun, engaging and ever changing! It's never going to let you down, so I encourage everyone to play it a few times to really enjoy the experience that is Dash Valley! Plus supporting lesser known games, high quality games means that when the company is bigger we'll get more  great, high quality games! I think that's the best thing for all gamers!

JoeBro’s Rating:
.
We’ve finally reached that point in the post where I get to tear the game apart;
with love of course! While I do truly love this game, I’m not timid about saying what
I really think about a game.

So while you’re downloading the game here’s are my ratings:
(On a scale from 1 - 10)




Avatars: 8
Score: 10
Engagement/Entertainment: 9
Artwork: 10
Difficulty: 7
Controls: 7
Content: 9
Graphics: 9

OVERALL: 8.5/10

================================================

Thank you so much for reading my blog post!
It really means a lot that you took the time out of your day to check me out! I hope this
review helped you decide whether Dash Valley is the game for you!

Tune in next week when I review another game! Have a good day!

P.s. If you want me to review a game, leave a comment below

and I will definitely check it out!

*All images are a product of the MadBox© Company. I do not claim ownership of them*

Comments

Popular Posts